Swimming Pool Remodeling Tips
Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas Can Remodel Your Pool
If your pool was constructed many years ago, you may be thinking that it’s time for an upgrade. But it can be difficult to know where to start and what to do to get this project completed. The team at Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas is here to help you through this process. As one of the most experienced pool builders in Phoenix, AZ, we know exactly what upgrades will make your pool look as good as new. We’ll help you create a beautiful new space for your family to enjoy. To help make your project easier, we’ve put together a list of top tips to help ensure your renovation goes exactly how you want. Continue reading to learn more or reach out to our team today with any questions. View our remodel gallery.
Create a New Backyard Hangout
Pools are the perfect way to beat the summer heat in Arizona. But an outdated or run-down pool can quickly put a damper on your outdoor fun. With the help of the team at Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas, you can create an awesome new backyard hangout where you can host family and friends. Imagine throwing a backyard BBQ and pool party where your guests can relax and cool off in your newly renovated pool. Doesn’t that sound great? You’re sure to be the envy of the neighborhood when you upgrade your pool with the pool remodeling team at Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas. We’re here to make sure your renovation goes exactly as planned.
Pool Remodeling Tips to Make Your Project a Success
The process of remodeling your pool may seem overwhelming. Where do you start? What features do you add? Which contractor do you hire? There are a lot of questions to be answered. We want to make the process easier for you, which is why we’ve come up with a list of helpful tips to help you as you plan your renovation and find the right pool contractor in Phoenix, AZ to complete the job. We know how stressful any renovation process can be, and we want to help you relieve some of the stress by providing you with a clear path to a successfully completed project. We encourage you to use the following tips as a guide as you begin to make decisions for your pool renovation:
Make a Budget and Don’t Break It: You don’t want to put yourself into a tough financial situation just for a new pool. Before you start making any plans, sit down and think about how much you can realistically afford to put into your pool, and then stick to your budget! You’d be surprised at the improvements you can make even with a small budget. Setting a budget will help keep you from getting carried away and making rash decisions in the heat of construction.
Make a Wish List of Features: There are many ways you can update your pool, so it’s important to think about which features are most important to you. Maybe you really want enhanced LED lighting or you’re dying to add a water feature. Make a list of the features you most want to add to your pool and then prioritize them based on their importance to you. This will give you a good starting point and will help you figure out how many of these features you can realistically afford with your budget. Though some upgrades may not be exciting, like fixing cracks or other damage, they are a necessary part of any renovation, and will need to be addressed first.
Find Pictures for Inspiration: The best way to get ideas and inspiration for your pool renovation is to browse photos of popular pool designs. Browse the Internet looking for pictures of upgraded pools and make note of anything you like. It may even be a good idea to print out the photos to show your contractor exactly what you’re talking about. Though some of the ideas you find may seem extravagant and out of your price range, you contractor may still be able to find a way to work something similar into your design, without going over your budget.
Choose a Contractor You Can Trust: Before choosing a contractor to complete your remodel, make sure you do your research and find a team you can trust. Look for businesses that have several years of experience, have a reputable presence online, and ask for references from past clients. All of these details will help you make an informed decision and allow you to find a contractor that will complete your project successfully.
Request an Itemized List of Prices: Once you have an idea of the features you’d like to add to your pool, it’s time to see which of them will fit within your budget. Take your wish list to your contractor and ask for an itemized list of the price of each element. Based on the cost, you can start to determine which features you want to definitely include and which you may want to scrap because they’re too expensive.
Invest in Quality Materials: It can be tempting to compromise on the quality of the materials used in your renovation in order to cut costs and implement more features in your renovation. However, this is not the time to cut corners. Using cheap materials can just lead to problems later that you’ll have to pay for repair. Rather, invest in quality materials upfront so you can be sure your updated pool will last for many years to come.
Make a Note of All Warranties: Many of the materials used in your pool renovation as well as the workmanship itself may be protected by a warranty. Be sure you keep track of all these items and file away this paperwork to ensure you can make a claim for replacement if anything requires repair later. You don’t want to be stuck with a pool that can’t be used because you don’t have the appropriate receipts to file a warranty claim and get the necessary repairs.
Be Prepare for Possible Delays: Like many construction projects, pool remodeling can often run into unexpected delays. To save yourself the stress and disappointment of a delayed project, just plan that your pool may not be ready exactly on time. You can help prevent any disappointment by starting your pool project early, so it’s ready in time for the high-use summer season.
Popular Features to Modernize Your Pool
There are countless ways to renovate the pool at your Phoenix, AZ home. The best part is, you can pick all the elements yourself and create a truly customized space. You may think some elements are too extravagant or outside your price range, but the truth is you can still create an upscale, luxurious feel on a budget. We know it can be overwhelming to think about all the possible ways to upgrade your pool, as there are many things to consider. But the process can also be very exciting! We encourage you to embrace the fun of the process as you plan your renovation. However, we’re also here to help with inspiration.
- Upgraded Tiles: Patterned or colored tiles can add a beautiful design element to any pool space. There are even options for glow-in-the-dark tiles to add a fun nighttime element. You can choose to be extravagant with these tiles, using them to cover the entire bottom and sides of the pool, or use them sparingly to add a pop of color and a playful element around the pool edges. Using fewer tiles is a great way to stay within budget without sacrificing style.
- Decorative Edges: Tiles can also be used to create decorative coping around your pool’s edges. Another option is to use patterned concrete for the coping surrounding the pool, as it can be a beautiful addition and is more durable than tile. Whatever option you choose, it’s sure to be an excellent addition to your pool.
- Entertainment Features: Most people want to use their pool for entertaining. So adding some fun features to your pool to make party hosting easier is an excellent idea. You can expand the patio area to create more space for lounging and sunbathing. You can also add swim-up perches and bench seating along the edge, making it easier to hangout and have conversations while in the pool for a dip.
- Spillover Spa: You can take your pool to the next level of relaxation by adding a spillover spa that uses the same water circulation system. This creates an additional space to enjoy and adds a stunning spillover feature that gives your home a resort feel. Not to mention, spas can provide many therapeutic benefits.
- Water Features: Nothing says calm and relaxation like the gentle sounds of a waterfall. Bring the sounds of nature to your backyard by adding a water feature to your pool. Relax and unwind from the day while listening to the soft sounds of moving water. In addition to its aesthetic value, a water feature also keeps the water circulating in your pool, helping it stay cleaner and fresher.
Why You Should Consider Upgrading Your Pool
If you’re on the fence about upgrading your pool, you may be wondering what’s in it for you? Are the benefits worth the time and financial investments you’ll have to make? At Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas, we think they are. Plus, as a custom pool designer, we’ll help make the process easy. All you have to do is tell us what you want, and we’ll make it happen. Upgrading your poor is an excellent idea for numerous reasons, including:
- Increased Home Value: A swimming pool is an added luxury that not all homes have. Therefore, making sure yours is beautiful and modern can help increase the value of your home, getting you a better price should you ever decide to sell.
- More Family Fun: No one in your family wants to use an outdated or boring pool. Upgrading your pool will make the space fun again and create a place where your family will spend hours together.
- Aesthetics: A damaged or run-down pool can be quite the eyesore on your property. Updating your pool will make sure it adds to the aesthetics of your property, rather than subtracting from it.
Contact Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas
Have you been dreaming of remodeling your pool to create the perfect backyard oasis? The team at Tribal Waters Custom Pools and Spas is here to make your vision a reality. If you’ve been gathering ideas and inspiration and are ready to start planning your pool renovation in Phoenix, AZ, now is the time to reach out to us. We’ll partner with you to create a plan for your project. Contact us today to get started or to request a free estimate.